Blog 8- Technology Presentations (Something I Learned)

 Technology Presentation - Facebook 

   One presentation that stood out to me was the one about Facebook. Facebook is actually one of my most used social media but there was so much about it that I didn't know. For starters, I didn't know that it was first created for Harvard students only. According to the class presentation, Facebook's original intent was to connect Harvard students and allow them to branch out and get to know each other. It wasn't until years later that Facebook opened itself up, branching away from Harvard and became a place for other college students. Word got around quickly of this new website and more and more people wanted to join. Facebook kept developing and it soon became a place for college and high school students. People all over the country loved the website and in order for more people to be able to use it, the website became open to anyone over the age of thirteen in 2006. Now it is open to anyone and it has millions of users. 

    I had no idea that Facebook used to be exclusive. I never thought of what its original intent was or why it was created. Mark Zuckerburg originally wanted the site to be a place where people can meet and make connections with one another and while that is still what Facebook is used for there are more users than just Harvard students. It is now a place for news, pictures, videos and more. It has come along away since being a glorified chat room for Harvard students. Facebook is now a global social media platform with an exciting history that I am glad I got to learn about. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 7- Something New I Learned

Post 12 - My Online Pesence

Blog 2- U.S. Supreme Court