Blog 1- My News Sources



1. Facebook
     Facebook provides news articles from a bunch of different places. What I love about Facebook is that your articles aren't tied to one news source. I can find articles from FOX, CNN, NBC, etc. Facebook is a combination of news and entertainment like any other form of social media. I enjoy scrolling through Facebook because while you scroll past pictures of your friends and family you occasionally see an article pop up that might interest you. Facebook also allows people to share and send articles. If one of my family members sees an article that I would like they can send it to me so I see it too. With all of this convenience, it is almost impossible to miss an article or news story you'd be interested in. I would recommend this to someone because it isn't just a new source there is also entertainment on Facebook as well, you get the best of both worlds.

2. Google News 
     Google news always has reliable news stories that connect to the world today. What's great about Google News is that they post stories based on previous things you have searched so they are targeted towards topics you are interested in. If Google sees I'm searching about, "Fun things to do in NYC" the next day I might get an article about something that happened in New York. Google News is constantly updating their news articles so the articles you see when you go on Google will be different when you long on say five minutes later. This allows for up to date stories and seeing constant breaking news. Google News is a reliable and fast way to get news and I would recommend it to anyone because of how convenient and easy to use it is.

3. Holmdel/ Hazlet Patch
    This is my local news resource when I'm home in New Jersey. I enjoy this website because it is easy to use and only posts content that is related to my area. They only post information that would be useful to Holmdel or Hazlet residents. While the articles are written and targeted to a small demographic they are important because they let us know information that a big place like CNN wouldn't. A big network or news outlet isn't going to post about the weather in this small NJ town or about a restaurant that just opened there. So the only way for residents to get that information is through a small publication like The Patch. I would recommend the Patch to someone if they live in the same area as me or want to stay up-to-date about that area.

4. Apple News  
     Apple News is a great and easy way to get your news. Its an app on your phone which makes for easy convenience. Articles and news stories show up on your phone the moment they are published which allows the reader to be the first to know. It is impossible to miss stories with Apple News because the articles come across your phone like a regular notification. If I get a ding on my phone every time I get a text I'll also get a ding for news stories.  Because of this even if I just look at my phone thinking it's a text I'll see the headline and read it. While I haven't read the full story I at least know what happened. This allows me to just know what's going on. This happens at least once a day and it is a convenient way to get a snapshot of the news, then I can continue to read it if I want or just delete the notification. I enjoy Apple News because it is a quick and easy way to know what's going on it the world.

5. The Weather Channel 
     I enjoy getting my news from the Weather Channel because I trust that it is correct. I know they have scientists and fact-checkers behind all their information. I also appreciate that The Weather Channel isn't just predicting the weather, they also provide articles with scientific facts about what a hurricane is for example. Readers like me appreciate this because we are learning while reading. They also have articles about other news pieces like what happened to post a storm. This keeps the reader educated on an entire event from prediction and tracking all the wat through until aftermath. The Weather Channel is a great resource to find out what is happening in the world while teaching us and educating the reader. The Weather Channel is a great resource and I recommend it to anyone who is interested in learning more about science and the environment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 7- Something New I Learned

Post 12 - My Online Pesence

Blog 2- U.S. Supreme Court